Ellen Mitschke - human & dog physiotherapist
After having worked for nearly 18 years in human physiotherapy, gaining expertise in not only Germany, but Switzerland, Australia, Russia, and since 2005 in Spain, I have decided to dedicate my therapeutic experience and my passion for animals to dogs.
I began to get involved in dog physiotherapy when I had the opportunity to help treat a friend's dog who was suffering from severe hip dysplasia, but also because of my whish to keep my own dog, Luna, physically and mentally happy and healthy.
So I became a qualified dog physiotherapist in Linkenheim (Germany). The studies involved anatomy, physiology, pathology, dog behaviour and physiotherapy methods and techniques. The exams were taken by a commission of vets and dog physiotherapists.
Academic training :
Degree in Physiotherapy for dogs by Bluemchen/Wosslick - 1. German academic centre for canine physiotherapists (1.DAHP) by Linkenheim/Germany, 2010
- Degree in Sport Physiotherapy by EDEN REHA Fortbildungszentrum (Donaustauf), 1997
Degree in Sport Physiotherapy, advanced training - German Physiotherapy Association (Dormagen), 1996
- Degree in Physiotherapy by Deutsche Gesellschat für Manuelle Medizin (Boppard), 1991-1996
- Therapeutic fasting course (Bad Honnef), 2008
- Lymphatic dranage - Top-Physio Shulungszentrum (Berlin), 2007
- McKenzie Therapy Levels B-D (mechanical diagnosis and treatment of the lumbar spine) - Top-Physio Shulungszentrum (Berlin), 2006-2007
- McKenzie Therapy Level A (mechanical diagnosis and treatment of the lumbar spine) - Zurzach Centre (Switzerland), 2006
- Symposium on Ergonomy. Ergonomy at the work place - Zürich (Suiza), 2002
- Symposium on Ergonomy - Zürich (Suiza), 2002
- Counter Strain Techniken 1 - Deutsche Akademie für Osteopathische Medizin e.V., 2001
- Muscular Energy course 1 - Deutsche Akademie für Osteopathische Medizin (DAOM) e.V., 2000
- Craniosacral therapy - Deutsche Akademie für Osteopathische Medizin (DAOM) e.V., 1999
- Foot reflexology - Foot reflexology lyceum in Königsfeld-Burgberg, 1998
- Special course on Sport Nutrition: strategies on the link between nutrition and injuries - German Physiotherapy Association (Weinheim), 1995
- Course on Curso de
Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- Michael Preibsch Centre (REHA), 1995